Why Is SEO Important for Ecommerce Sites?
Important Aspects of an Ecommerce SEO Strategy
- Keyword research
- Site architecture
- On-Page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Content Marketing
- Tracking Progress and Measuring Success
1. E-commerce Keyword Research
Creating a Targeted Keyword List
- Awareness (Becoming aware that a particular product exists)
- Consideration (Deciding whether they need that product)
- Comparison (Comparing the product with other similar products)
- Sourcing and Pricing (Looking for where to buy and how much it costs)
- Google Keyword Explorer
- Ahrefs, etc.
Keyword Research on Amazon
Getting Keywords from Competitor Research
- Number of backlinks
- Domain authority
- Site health, etc.
- Search volume
- Keyword difficulty
- Estimated CPC
- Competition index
2. Site Architecture
- Each page should be at most three clicks away from the homepage.
- Your website should be as simple and scalable as possible.
- Use your target keywords in the URLs to make it easy for search engines to find the content.
A. Come up with Your Main Categories
- Customer support
- About us, etc.
B. Decide Whether You Need Drop-Down Menus
- Jackets, etc.
C. Use Short-Tail Keywords to Label Your Categories
- Running shoes
- Work Boots
- Boat shoes, etc.
D. Add Breadcrumbs to your pages
3. On-Page SEO
- On-page SEO for category pages
- On-page SEO for product pages
- One-page SEO for blog content
On-page SEO for category pages
1. The URL
2. The Title Tag (H1)
3. In Page Copy
4. Image ALT Text
5. In the Metadata
On-page SEO for product pages
Using Related Keywords on Product Pages
Where do you find related keywords?
On-page SEO for Blog Content
4. Technical SEO
- Site speed
- Site security, etc.
- Broken links
- Missing metadata and alt text
- Thin and duplicate content
- HTTPS status codes
- XML sitemap status
- Keyword cannibalization
- Slow loading speeds
- Unresponsive designs
- Security vulnerabilities
5. Content Marketing
- Over 70% of people online would prefer to learn about a product or business through a blog or article rather than an advert. People will easily connect with your business and products if you focus on educating them, rather than just pushing the products to them.
- Over 68% of customers develop confidence in a business after they’ve consumed content from it.
- How-to guides and tutorials
- Product reviews and comparisons
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
6. Link Building
- Outreach to resource pages
- Collaborating with influencers
- Broken link building
- Outreach to competitor link sources
Outreach to Resource Pages
Collaborating with Influencers
- Engage with them on their platforms. Comment on and share their content.
- Refer customers to them if they are selling any product. Make sure you let them know you sent them customers.
- Offer them free samples of your products or just give them gifts
Broken Link Building
Outreach to Competitor Sources
Tracking Progress and Measuring the Success of Your Ecommerce SEO Strategy.
- Number of impressions
- Number of clicks
- Bounce off rates, etc.