What is On-page SEO?
On-page SEO Checklist
- Meets a Demand: Like any other market, supply and demand influence and affect information. The best content should meet a need. At Digital Marksmen, you work with our leading on-page SEO, where we develop content that informs and satisfies your clients’ needs.
- Linkability: When it comes to SEO, linkability is an important factor. When learning how to optimize on-page SEO, remember that search engines may not rank it if people can’t link to it. As such, you may have low organic traffic to your site. It happens more often, and you need to engage professionals to develop quality linkable content.
Types of Content
- Blog posts
- Case studies
You need to use meta tags for better results in SEO. They are crucial in helping search engines index your site for a higher ranking. Meta tags highlight the content on the page and influence SEO in the following ways.
- Metadata influences how search engines index your site. If you want your site to appear on the first page of the search results, you should use meta tags effectively. The tags allow Google bots to understand the content on a page.
Many people judge the page depending on the title as it determines if it is right for them. Additionally, it determines relevance depending on your chosen keywords and phrases. When you work with Digital Marksmen, we optimize the pages with relevant keywords to reach interested leads.
- Ranking for Keywords: Using meta tags on your site helps rank for keywords. They also improve the keywords you choose to use, leading to quality leads. Integrating important keywords in your meta tags compels users to click on your link.
- Influence User Experience: Users love a well-organized website, and meta tags help you to do that. They give information about the page. Using meta tags provides more description to the audience. They then use that information to judge whether that is the information they need.
At Digital Marksmen, we provide SEO on-page services, such as optimizing the meta tags. As a result, you increase your click-through rate and attract more people to your business.
The title tag is an element of HTML responsible for specifying the web page title. The page’s title appears in part on the search engine results page. It appears in blue and is clickable, leading to the content. It is important for sharing, SEO, and user experience. Title tags should provide a concise and accurate description of the page. Titles tags have various characteristics you need to meet.
Optimal length: Google doesn’t have a specific title tags length. However, many mobile phones and desktops display 50-60 characters. When you keep the title under those characters, you expect it to display correctly on the SERPs. Writing concise titles is crucial for readability and understanding. Search engines consider the whole title even when it is longer than 60 characters.
Better User Experience
Images have a high engagement, and many users appreciate them on web pages. We focus on adding images to your page to improve customer engagement on your website. Apart from adding images on the site, you also need to optimize them for SEO. The following factors help with SEO on-site optimization for images.
- Ensuring the images uploaded on the site load quickly. You can do so by reducing the image size. Implementing lazy loading strategies also help the images to load faster.
- Including alt tags on the images and pictures tells the search engine what the content is about. It shows the image is a valuable part of the content. Alt-text is also beneficial for the visually impaired because it helps them fully understand the content on the website.
- Using keywords for subtitles and file names helps improve your content’s visibility.
User Experience and Mobile Friendliness
On-page SEO services also include optimizing content for user engagement. You want to draw in more users and increase their time on your page, decreasing the bounce rate. This shows Google and other search engines that users like your content. You can include the following aspects on your website:
- Use clear headlines indicating the topic for each section on the page which boosts readability.
- Include a call to action that encourages users to engage with you.
- Use bullets and lists where necessary making the content easy to go through.
- Add video to your content whenever possible.
- Include a crisp and clean format helping avoid distraction for your users.
- Improve page loading time.
Apart from increasing loading time, you also want to make sure the site is mobile-friendly. Most users start a search from their mobile devices. You need to ensure they can access this information as soon as they do without using a desktop or laptop.
How well your website appears on mobile devices determines your ranking. Ensure your site is easy to read on mobile devices, fast, easy to use, and the content should also match your website.
Keywords research and selection are crucial for on-site SEO. The right keywords ensure you reach your target audience. Researching what your potential clients help you select words and phrases they use when looking for your products. Once you have these words, you need to use these phrases in your content, including URLs, title tags, and image alt text.
Apart from getting the right keywords, you need to ensure you capture a searcher’s intent when writing content. Search intent refers to capturing the user’s primary goal when searching for something on the browsers. Understanding a searcher’s intention helps you optimize keywords.
At Digital Marksmen, we also conduct competition analysis, thereby determining their keywords to give you an edge.
Importance of On-site SEO
Now that we have looked at a list of on-page SEO factors let’s look at the importance of on-page SEO.
- First, on-page SEO helps search engines connect your site to relevant users. If the searcher intent matches the optimized content on your page, your site’s ranking keeps improving.
- Secondly, your website should contain content visible to your users. When on-site SEO is done correctly, search engines continually understand your site, improving your ranking.
- Optimizing on-page SEO is good for your business’s return on investment. Improved SEO strategies for your site have the best outcome, and it is relatively low-cost compared to other digital marketing strategies.
- Additionally, on-page SEO provides long-term benefits to your company. It can help businesses and eCommerce startups grow passive investment traffic for many years.
- On-page SEO takes advantage of the online search traffic. Over 53.3% of search traffic comes from google. Also, the first result on google grabs over 91.5% of the search traffic. For this reason, companies that take advantage of on-page SEO services also stand a chance of tapping into this market share.
Failing to optimize your on-page content could cost your business a lot of revenue. Additionally, lacking an SEO strategy can push your page further down the SERPs. Hiring an SEO company helps you avoid such problems. At Digital Marksmen, we provide unmatched on-page SEO services.